Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Paul Hendricks for Signal Mtn. Town Council

Paul Hendricks for Signal Mtn. Town Council
Well, there's some big news on the campaign trail... FSU beat MIAMI! And by a field goal no less! Sorry, but just had to get that out. I heard that other team up the road a piece had a good weekend, too. Go VOLS, my 2nd favorite team. As for me, I had a great visit to the Lion's Club BBQ. I talked with several folks about the issues in the campaign and met some of my fellow candidates, Hershel Dick and Jim Bardoner. Oh, and I had some great BBQ, too. Thanks to the Lion's Club for putting this great event on (again). This is exactly the kind of thing that makes Signal Mountain such a great town. This is the kind of atmosphere that I hope we never lose, neighbors meeting each other at the playground over a plate of BBQ and talking about kids, schools and other important topics. By the way, in case you missed it, the TimesFreePress had an article on Page 1 of the B section on Tuesday, Sept. 5 about the BBQ and they interviewed none other than my wife, Snoda.

Back to the campaign, it's been brought to my attention that two other candidates plan to drop out. I'll leave it to the individuals to decide whether to make that announcement. It was good to see two of my fellow candidates at the BBQ. I look forward to meeting the rest (and some I already know from church, etc). Obviously, 3 of us will be working together come November. I have tried to make it clear that I am not running against anyone. I am running for a seat on the Council. I hope that this race will continue to be civil and positive, as it has been so far. I plan to stay positive and work hard to present my own views and background for the voters to decide.

I have been invited to meet with a group of citizens in the next week and am trying to work out the best time in my schedule. I look forward to meeting with as many groups of citizens as I can.

No comments: