Thursday, August 31, 2006

Paul Hendricks for Signal Mtn. Town Council

Paul Hendricks for Signal Mtn. Town Council

Well, the campaign is moving along. I am learning a lot about the mechanics of this endeavor. We have ordered yard signs, along with some other assorted campaign paraphernalia. They should start showing up around town in about 10 days or so.
I have spent much of the last 2-3 weeks working to learn the issues and meeting with people. I attended the Old Towne Partnership BBQ a few weeks ago and spoke with folks about the development controversies. I have met with Police Chief Boyd and Town Manager Diana Campbell about general town management issues. I have met (on the phone, at least) with Dan Saieed of the Planning Commission and with the Chairman of the WWTA. Today, I met with Paul and Anne Nolan, a thoroughly delightful meeting. In the near future, I plan to meet with current council members, staff members and other involved citizens. I also plan to attend as many community meetings and events that I can. I will be spending much of Labor Day at the Lion's Club BBQ (now that's a sacrifice...).
I feel I am learning much about the town and the issues confronting it and will be well-prepared should you honor me with election to the commission. As always, I look forward to hearing from all of you.

No comments: