Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Paul Hendricks for Signal Mtn. Town Council

Paul Hendricks for Signal Mtn. Town Council
12 September, 2006
Well, our campaign kick-off went great. Sunday, Sept. 10, we had an open house for friends and neighbors. I saw people I hadn't seen in quite a while. We handed out yard signs and collected contributions and generally had a fun afternoon.
Speaking of yard signs, they are available. If anyone wants one in their yard, contact me and I'll arrange it.
Monday night I went to the Town Council meeting. It emphasized again that, as important as the development issues on Shackleford Ridge Road are, there will be many other issues confronting the next Council, including annexation of Fox Run and Windtree, continuing to improve our town infrastructure, providing for some of our great town institutions such as the library and the playhouse and continuing to improve our police, fire and EMS departments.
As many of you know, I oppose the recall efforts. Regardless of your feelings on the re-zoning vote, I don't feel that any current council members were acting in a corrupt or self-serving manner. There will be a new majority on the council, but I don't think it would serve the town well to have 5 new members and to lose the continuity and knowledge of the continuing 2 councilpersons. I urge everyone to oppose the recall and work with the new council to do what is necessary to support our Town's vision of well-controlled, well-managed growth.

No comments: