Thursday, June 13, 2013

Signal Mountain Railroad!


I recently had the pleasure of riding Signal Mountain's own "FuFu Train". Bob Spalding is well-known for sponsoring the "Monster Barn" in years past on his property in Signal Mountain. His latest project is this train. He hopes to have it open to the public for seasonal events including a new Halloween "Tunnel of Terror" and a future Christmas adventure!

Unfortunately, Bob has run into some of the usual small town regulatory hassles that Signal Mountain suffers way too much from (surprise!). Apparently, one local volunteer regulator told him "I don't want another Lake Winnepesaukee on Signal Mountain". Bob is lobbying for some flexibility in the local regulatory environment to allow him to continue to entertain local children (of all ages) on his rural, 7 acre property. I urge my readers to let your town councilmembers know that you support Bob's efforts. I certainly wish him all the best and he says, if you ask nice, he'll give you a ride (it's fun and his dog loves to ride along).

1 comment:

DrSpalding said...

Hey thanks for coming over. I asked several council members to try it out but no luck so far. I guess they don't like trains. It is an open invitation to anyone who likes a train ride for free. But Max, my dog does seem to insist that he rides along with you.