Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Hendricks Halloween and the Boy's Next Door

I want to let everyone know about an excellent theater experience this weekend, Nov. 3-6. SMMHS Theater Department will present "The Boys Next Door" Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 7pm and a matinee on Sunday at 2pm. I was privileged to watch a rehearsal of a scene from this play and it is going to be great. This is a play about four mentally challenged adults and contains some material not appropriate for children younger than 6th grade. I strongly encourage you to go. SMMHS is showing it is not a "one-trick pony" and in addition to becoming a sports powerhouse is also developing an outstanding arts program.

Also, I thought I'd share a bit of "Hendricks Halloween". It ain't just for kids! My daughter, true to her love of history and her motto "well-behaved women rarely make history" went as the iconic "Rosie the Riveter":

Not to be outdone, Paul followed the trick-or-treaters at a discreet distance:
joined by his lovely wife as... umm... I'm not really sure:
and of course, how could I leave out the vegetables:

Happy Fall, Y'all!

No comments: